I might be adding more to this post at a later time, as I know I have more prom stuff laying around. I just haven't decided how I want to organize these posts yet.
I think it is kind of funny that I am posting this exactly 17 years later. (Gah! 17 years!)
I went to only one prom, and that was my senior prom. My date was my boyfriend at the time, Joe S. I remember my manager at Edwardo's kind of blew my inviting him. I had planned to ask him (since it was my school's prom, and he was also a year older than me), and she jumped the gun when she asked me (in front of him) if we were going together. Doh! Fortunately this was well before the trend of getting asked to prom being like pseudo marriage proposals. :)
We tripled with Joe's roommate who dated an acquaintance of mine from school, Jenny, and my good friend Eric and his girlfriend Stephanie. I remember taking a half day at school so I could get my hair and nails done. We all met up and took pictures at Eric's house and then waited and waited and waited for the limo to show up. I can't remember why it was so late, but it turned out to be way too small, but we all crammed in anyway. :P
The event was at the Wyndham Hamilton Hotel in Itasca, and then post-prom was on the Odyssey on Lake Michigan. We all crashed at Eric's house that night and then spent the following day at Great America.
I still actually have my prom dress. Looking back, I wish we were in the era of the gorgeous princess dresses that have been the rage for the last several years. My dress was a long, elegant black velvet dress that had a long slit up the thigh and crisscrossed in the back. I asked for a bouquet instead of a corsage, and I also wore long black gloves. Joe had a tux with a top hat and cane. I did like our look, and I remember loving my dress at the time. :)

Sounds lovely Lisa. Do you have a picture of you from prom? I'd love to see that posted here too!
ReplyDeleteOne day I'll unearth the photos! Right now they are buried in one of my trunks in the basement! (I can't imagine how many posts that trunk could yield.)
ReplyDelete