Background

Friday, May 11, 2012

Thai Memories - Orchid Soap

Oh man, there are so many things I could write about linked to memories of our awesome vacation in Thailand 10 years ago. (How could it already be so long ago?!) There was SO MUCH to see and do there. We probably barely scratched the surface in our 3 weeks there. I still long for those glorious hour long Thai massages on the beach that were a mere $5. We brought home quite a few trinkets from that journey and purposely planned to buy a suitcase there knowing we'd easily fill it up!


As for this particular memento, I thought these were the neatest things. Beautiful and intricately carved soaps nestled in hand painted wooden containers. Choosing an orchid was the obvious choice here. :) Orchids are aplenty in Thailand, and I certainly do love purple and black paired together. We kept this item as a piece of decor in our guest bathrooms over the years. But as that guest bathroom turned into the boys' bathroom, it lost its place. Now it is time to finally say goodbye to this little souvenir.

No comments:

Post a Comment